Chateau de Lucheux, built in 1120 by Hugues II de Campdavaine, Count of Saint-Pol, is situated on the border of Artois and Picardy. It was one of the most important strongholds in the region and was built using the techniques from the crusades, the Count of Saint-Pol had been on. Numerous rulers stayed in Lucheux such as the French Kings Philip IV, Philip VI and Charles VI, Philip the Good and Charles the Bold, Dukes of Burgundy and especially King Louis XI. Chateau suffered heavily from wars, it saw Jean of Arc passing through its gates and the village was destroyed in 1708 by the John Churchill, 1st Duke of Marlborough, during the War of the Spanish Succession. Later it became a school for children, now ready for a new life.
Pas d'événements trouvés